ProtoTwinning project holds its inaugral steering committee meeting
On Friday March 22nd the ProtoTwinning project (Full title –) held its inaugural industry day and steering committee meeting. The day started with a brief history of the digital twin followed by five technical presentations and a tour of our new Digital Manufacturing lab. The technical presentations included:
- Coupled prototyping methods: LEGO and FDM printing.
- Digitally augmented prototyping methods for interactive products.
- Coupled prototyping methods: additive, subtractive and clay.
- Digital twins for tolerance stack-up.
- A review of metrology technology and scan-to-model methods.
Many thanks to all of our partners: Altuity, Amalgam, Autodesk, Designability, Moulton Bicycles and Renishaw for a stimulating day and some fantastic input/steer. We are looking forward to working closely with you all on this exciting project.