On Friday March 22nd the ProtoTwinning project (Full title –) held its inaugural industry day and steering committee meeting. The day started with a brief history of the digital twin followed by five technical presentations and a tour of our new Digital Manufacturing lab. The technical presentations included:
- Coupled prototyping methods: LEGO and FDM printing.
- Digitally augmented prototyping methods for interactive products.
- Coupled prototyping methods: additive, subtractive and clay.
- Digital twins for tolerance stack-up.
- A review of metrology technology and scan-to-model methods.
Many thanks to all of our partners: Altuity, Amalgam, Autodesk, Designability, Moulton Bicycles and Renishaw for a stimulating day and some fantastic input/steer. We are looking forward to working closely with you all on this exciting project.