Aydin Nassehi BSc MSc(LBoro) MSc(Oxon) PhD(Bath)
Aydin is a Reader in Manufacturing Systems and a CIRP associate member in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Bristol.
He received his PhD in Innovative Manufacturing Technology in 2007 and has since studied for an MSc in Software engineering.
He have more than 88 academic publications including more than twenty journal papers and a research portfolio of £2.5 million.
His research interests are in informatics and artificial intelligence in manufacturing.
- Artificial intelligence in manufacturing
- MShopfloor interoperability
- Manufacturing semantics
- Autonomous production systems
- The creation of a neural network based capability profile to enable generative design and the manufacture of functional FDM parts
- Towards integrated version control of virtual and physical artefacts in new product development: inspirations from software engineering and the digital twin paradigm
- Transdisciplinary engineering design (TREND): Towards a transdisciplinary engineering index
- A Monte-Carlo Analysis of the Effects of Geometric Deviations on the Performance of Magnetic Gears
- Self-repair of smart manufacturing systems by deep reinforcement learning
- Anarchic manufacturing: distributed control for product transition
- Towards the democratisation of design: a generalised capability model for FDM
- Characterising the Digital Twin: A systematic literature review
- Digital Twins of Processes, Products and Services: from Prototypes to End-of-Life
- Towards the democratisation of design: the implementation of meta-heuristic search strategies to enable the auto-assignment of manufacturing parameters for FDM