Aydin Nassehi BSc MSc(LBoro) MSc(Oxon) PhD(Bath)
Aydin is a Reader in Manufacturing Systems and a CIRP associate member in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Bristol.
He received his PhD in Innovative Manufacturing Technology in 2007 and has since studied for an MSc in Software engineering.
He have more than 88 academic publications including more than twenty journal papers and a research portfolio of £2.5 million.
His research interests are in informatics and artificial intelligence in manufacturing.
- Artificial intelligence in manufacturing
- MShopfloor interoperability
- Manufacturing semantics
- Autonomous production systems
- A data-driven simulation-optimization framework for generating priority dispatching rules in dynamic job shop scheduling with uncertainties
- A generative-based design methodology to enable the democratisation of 3D printing
- A system dynamics exploration of energy system behavior on St Helena island
- Context-aware manufacturing system design using machine learning
- Daydreaming factories
- A visual reasoning-based approach for mutual-cognitive human-robot collaboration
- Link4Smart: A New Framework for Smart Manufacturing Linking Industry 4.0 Relevant Technologies
- A heuristic for internal disruption management in assembly systems
- Review of machine learning technologies and artificial intelligence in modern manufacturing systems
- The transdisciplinary engineering index: Towards a disciplinary maturity grid