Aydin Nassehi BSc MSc(LBoro) MSc(Oxon) PhD(Bath)
Aydin is a Reader in Manufacturing Systems and a CIRP associate member in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Bristol.
He received his PhD in Innovative Manufacturing Technology in 2007 and has since studied for an MSc in Software engineering.
He have more than 88 academic publications including more than twenty journal papers and a research portfolio of £2.5 million.
His research interests are in informatics and artificial intelligence in manufacturing.
- Artificial intelligence in manufacturing
- MShopfloor interoperability
- Manufacturing semantics
- Autonomous production systems
- Transdisciplinary engineering design (TREND): Towards a transdisciplinary engineering index
- A Monte-Carlo Analysis of the Effects of Geometric Deviations on the Performance of Magnetic Gears
- Self-repair of smart manufacturing systems by deep reinforcement learning
- Anarchic manufacturing: distributed control for product transition
- Towards the democratisation of design: a generalised capability model for FDM
- Characterising the Digital Twin: A systematic literature review
- Digital Twins of Processes, Products and Services: from Prototypes to End-of-Life
- Towards the democratisation of design: the implementation of meta-heuristic search strategies to enable the auto-assignment of manufacturing parameters for FDM
- Towards the democratisation of design: Exploration of variability in the process of filament deposition modelling in desktop additive manufacture
- Proactive decision making in future production enterprises: the role of big data, internet of things and cyberphysical systems